Saturday, May 21, 2005

Interleague Play Weekend

I realize that most die hard baseball fans hate interleague play, but I really like it. Maybe it's because I don't have any baseball tradition myself, but I don't understand what's the big problem. Some say, it takes away from the All-Star Game and the World Series. Are you kidding me? That the Dodgers play the Angels in LA won't make a World Series between the two teams any less interesting. Of course, rivalry series make the schedule harder for some teams, but schedules aren't fair in the first place (You know, with the Devil Rays playing the Yankees and the Red Sox and the Orioles now), so what? Nobody in the NFL complains (Or do they? I don't really know).
However, while some matchup like Mariners - Padres or Tigers - Diamondbacks don't excite anyone (but is Mariners - Tigers so exciting?), I'm really looking forward to watch the free- and subway series. It gives me the joy of watching Jarrod Washburn work a walk or having a pitcher double (against Randy Johnson) and scoring a run against the Yankees (He should have been out, but I take it). I always enjoy watching the Yankees loose a game, but (after the Red Sox) it's the most fun if it's against the Mets.
Long story short, I'm a fan of interleague play and this is a great baseball weekend for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home